Hello Soleado Suns!
I am happy to announce that we raised about $23,000 at the fun run- I am so proud of all of our families that participated! The Booster Club will be determining the best way to invest the money into our school- among other things they will be looking at technology needs and some new PE Equipment (which I know the kids will be thrilled about)!
The incentives will be handled as follows:
- Anyone who raised money will be getting a free homework pass this week, good for one time use.
- Anyone who raised $75 will also get an extra recess on Friday April 11. The teacher has a list of students to be released from class.
- Anyone who raised $100 will also get to attend an ice cream party on Friday April 18. TK & K: 2:00, grades 1-2: 2:15, grades 2-5: 2:30. The teacher has a list of students to be released from class.
- Anyone who raised $150 will be getting a coupon to challenge Coach K or myself to one of a variety of sports.
For 1st graders and up, they can challenge us at first recess on Tuesday/Thursday. For Tk & K, we will be scheduling time for the challenges with the teachers.
- And finally, for those who raised over $200, there will be a kickball game against the teachers the last week of school during school hours. We will send home more info on this as it gets closer for parents who want to watch.
Note the prizes are cumulative, so if you spent $200 you get all the prizes.
If you have any questions on this, please email Cindy Van Scoyoc- firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't get a coupon home for the homework pass or sports challenge and believe you should, please let her know. Please advise your child what incentives they should be receiv ing so they can ask the teacher if they are not released for either the recess or ice cream party. We don't want anyone missing their rewards!
Thank you Soleado Families,
Mrs. Gina Stutzel M.Ed
Principal, Soleado Elementary
"A Place in the Sun"
27800 Longhill Drive
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
(310)377-6854 ext.200 (310)544-0916 (fax)
Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified District