Thank you for volunteering to help out with this year's Disaster Drill. Please come at 10 and look for your forms with your name on it at the office. Below is a list of assignments. Please remember that your role is observer. Please do not offer any suggestions or comments to the staff. Please write all your comments on the forms that will be provided on Thursday. The forms will contain the duties of each position.
1. The drill will begin at 10:17.
2. Parents, please stand in the big room of a building and observe the classrooms from the beginning of the drill. You can choose which big room you would like to observe.
3. Follow the class out to the field. After each teacher leaves the classroom, there is a green/red card on the door that should be turn to indict if the room is clear.
4. After the kids are on the field, please follow your assignment below and observe each part of the exercise.
1. The Command Center - the square and round tables on the blacktop.
2. Emergency Shed - next to the Music Room. This is where all the supplies are located and where the teachers on the different teams will be going to get their equipment. Follow your team from the shed to their stations.
3. First Aid - in front of the Emergency shed
4. Parent Release Center - Blacktop next to the playground
Staff – Gina Stutzel, Mrs. Rhonda, Lauren Kerns, Denise Ravatt
Observers - Sara Robinson, Donna Epstein, Denise Tabatabaci
Search and Rescue
Team 1 - Kristen Biggins (Lead) & Megan Dino
Search Area: Chicos, Ninos, Playhouse and shed
Observer - Steve Podell
Team 2 – Carrie Ellis (Lead) & Diana Elliott
Search Area: Vista, Monte, Kids Corner, Library, and Portable 2
Observer – Erica Mangham
Team 3: Mariana Donahoe (Lead) & Donna Villaesusa
Search Area: Administration Building
Observer: John Accardo
* Each injured person will have a card that describes his/her injuries.
After your team is done searching their area and reports to the command center, please go to the Student Release Area and try to get your child and if possible another child that you are the emergency contact. The suggestion is to act anxious and upset. After you get your child released, please walk around and observe how the students are on the field. You can return your child back to their class.
Staff – Susan Burns: Lead, logging of injuries
Kathy Burson: Critical Incident Stress Management
Susan Seto: Student Triage
Observers: Teresa Lee, Anna D'Arcy
Staff: Al Phan
Area: Starts at Command Center
Observer: Jennifer Farrell, Marion Castro
When you are finished observing the Safety officer, please go to Student Release and get your child released and a friend. The suggestion is to act anxious and upset. After you get your child released, please walk around and observe how the students are on the field. You can return your child back to their class.
Staff: C.C. Hlavic (Lead) & Nida Estaban
Observers: Denise Tabatabaci, Aga Gattu
Please note that student messengers are used retrieving students to be released.
Location - Grass Field (where the students are waiting)
Staff - Teachers
Observer: Laura Maloney
Each staff member that has a specific job will be going to the emergency shed to get the equipment EXCEPT the Command Center. The Commend Center has portable case that they will roll to the tables.
Thank you very much for all your help. If you have any questions or cannot make it, please email me.