Parents are invited to attend a Social Media Parent Forum by guest speaker Josh Ochs. There are two opportunities to participate:
February 9th @ 7:00 p.m.
Palos Verdes High School (Gymnasium)
February 10th @ 7:00 p.m.
Miraleste Intermediate School (TAB – Theater Arts Building)
: A social media safety speech that will bring you up to speed on the latest apps and how to talk with your kids about using digital tools to shine online.
: All parents of students in the PVPUSD.
: To keep our student body safe and to give parents a proactive way to start a dialog with their kids about being smart on social media.
Josh will talk for about 60-90 minutes on the following topics:
· What apps you should encourage your kids to use
· What apps are a waste of time for your Teens and Tweens
· How to analyze your Google results to see what colleges will find
· How to bury bad Google results from other users with your similar name
· Examples of good and bad posts that colleges may find
· Examples from real seniors that are using social media correctly
· Tips you can suggest to use Google search like a college and future employer
· 7 Networks your kids need to be on to shine online
Additional information: https://safesmartsocial.com/pvpusd/